Monday, September 28, 2009

Unprecedented Number of Sell-Outs Reported Worldwide for First Showings of 'Michael Jackson's This Is It'

Unprecedented Number of Sell-Outs Reported Worldwide for First Showings of 'Michael Jackson's This Is It'
Sure I got my tickets. I don't know what I will do to keep myself together if I go see it. I'm very conflicted. The melancholy part of me still wonders if God got some wires crossed right there the end of June. Another part tells me I'm here for SOMETHING. I'm having trouble expressing what I'm feeling, which, if you know me, is quite uncharacteristic.

I am, perhaps, in the middle of a middle age crisis.

I keep thinking of what Anne asked me as we looked at the picture of Michael on the cover of Rolling Stone -- the one with the article entitled "Hope and Ruin". She asked me, "You identify with that?"

Yes. I do.

She sent me a link of the Vanity Fair articles by Tim Russert's journalist wife. Excellently written and insightful. Very interesting and intelligent. Did they convince me that Michael was guilty of child molestation and got away with it?

No.

Do I feel that Michael might not have used the best judgement concerning certain things? Yes.

I know there are many who say Michael was predatory and knew exactly what he was doing. In my head, I turn it around. I think he was a duck in an arcade shooting game when faced with kids, especially sick kids or kids from disjointed families. His own youth made him a sitting target. Kids were his Achilles heel and indirectly contributed to his eventual demise.

So now I wonder about the movie...and what I'm gonna do. I did arrange to go with 3 women I met recently who are MJ fans to the end...which may help me get through it.

It never is good to cry alone.

No comments: