Thursday, November 1, 2007

Questions I Have Been Asked

I got one of those "Getting to Know You" emails from a friend and one of the questions was: "What do you rely on most?"

Now I believe most people answered their "higher power", or a family member or themselves. You know what is the first thing that popped into my head?

What do I rely on most: The Kindness of Strangers.

This is not to say I don't believe in a Higher Power or have wonderful friends. I do and I do. But there are so many times in my life that some person I hardly know held my hand or gave me a word of encouragement or made me laugh.

This has firmly rooted my belief in the basic goodness of people and has led to my being taken down the "stoney road" once in a while. But lumps and bumps aside (and one crazy ex-husband) I still believe that people are basically good and kind. Most of the time.

So thank you to those either in person or in blog who practiced "Random Acts of Kindness". You have made me smile and lifted a sometimes heavy heart.

I only hope I have done the same for you.

3 comments:

Tempest Knight said...

I hear what you're saying! :) Especially thanks to the internet.

Nicole said...

I agree with you wholeheartedly. My mom calls me her "eternal optimist," and I think a lot of it stems from the same belief in people.

Cheers, and have a great weekend!

Addicted to crafting said...

I'm trying to do pay ir forward in my life, random act of kindness is something we should all do!!!

:)